In today’s day and age, car phone chargers are the important things to have in any car . This way, you can easily charge your smartphone, tablet, and even your power bank during your commute and ensure your mobile device will never run out of battery. This, in turn, means you can always stay connected with your family and friends and avoid dealing with the inconveniences that come with having an empty battery.
But, with the wide range of car phone chargers in the market, which one should you purchase? This can be difficult at first glance, but you can make it easier by knowing what factors to look for when shopping for car chargers. These factors include:
- Number of ports: You can never have too many ports, so “the more, the merrier” rule applies. Still, you’ll find that most chargers nowadays can charge two devices simultaneously, which is a huge plus when your smartphone and tablet get empty batteries at the same time.
- Size: Generally, it’s preferable to buy a compact charger that has a slim body. This way, it can be plugged into the cigarette lighter socket without interfering with your car’s controls and make driving difficult for you.
- LED lights: Car chargers usually come with a LED light that informs users if the charger is in the right position or not. Some people prefer this light to be soft so it won’t distract them while they’re driving, while others prefer a bright light that easily lets them know that their charger is ready to use.
- Compatibility: Find a charger that’s compatible with as many types of devices as possible. This way, you can install it in your car without having to worry if it can charge your smartphone/tablet or not.
Table of Contents
- 10. iXCC Car Charger with 3-feet Micro USB Cable
- 9. JETech Dual USB Car Charger
- 8. AmazonBasics Car Charger for Android
- 7. Sundix Dual USB Car Charger
- 6. AmazonBasics Dual USB Car Charger
- 5. iXCC Dual USB Car Charger
- 4. Maxboost 2-Smart Port Car Charger
- 3. Motorola SPN5667A
- 2. Omaker 3-Port Car Charger
- 1. Anker PowerDrive 2 – Best of Car Phone Chargers in 2017
10. iXCC Car Charger with 3-feet Micro USB Cable
The iXCC Car Charger is compatible with all standard cigarette-lighter sockets and has an output of 4. 8 Amps. It’s built with iXCC’s ChargeWise technology, which allows it to automatically detect the type of device you’re charging and adjust the power output. It has two USB cable ports (so you can charge two devices at the same time) and comes with a three-feet micro USB cable that’s compatible with Samsung devices and other Android-based gadgets.
9. JETech Dual USB Car Charger
This JETech charger comes with two USB ports so, if your loved ones need to charge their phone, they can easily do so without having to disconnect yours from the charger. It comes with a built-in micro USB cable, which is long enough to let people in the backseat connect their devices. The charger is designed to prevent over-heating and over-charging and will automatically stop charging your device once its battery is full.
8. AmazonBasics Car Charger for Android
If you own an Android device and are looking for a simple, fuss-free car charger for it, this is one of the best products for you. It comes with a micro USB connector that makes it compatible with a wide range of Android smartphones and tablets, including Samsung Galaxy and HTC One devices. It comes with a five-foot long cable, so those who are in the backseat can easily charge their gadgets without interfering with your driving.
7. Sundix Dual USB Car Charger
The first thing you’ll notice about the Sundix Dual USB Car Charger is its design, which combines a car charger and car mount. The latter can be adjusted between 52mm to 95mm, allowing it to accommodate most types of smartphones. The charger comes with a gooseneck holder that can be adjusted to 180 degrees and a round ball at the base that can be rotated 360 degrees, which means you can conveniently use your phone’s navigation apps even while you’re charging it.
6. AmazonBasics Dual USB Car Charger
If you’re a fan of the AmazonBasics line, you’ll want to try the AmazonBasics Dual USB Car Charger. It comes with two 2. 0-amp USB ports that make dual charging possible and is compatible with Apple handsets as well as and Samsung Galaxy and other Android devices. It’s compact and unobtrusive design gets the job done without getting in the way, while the discreet built-in LED light lets you know that the charger is ready to use without distracting you from your driving.
5. iXCC Dual USB Car Charger
This iXCC Dual USB Car Charger has a 4. 8-Amp output and comes with two USB ports that allow you to simultaneously charge two mobile devices at full speed. It has a slim and light body that adds minimal bulk to your console and won’t get in the away of your car’s controls, and it’s built with a current limiter that protects your devices from electrical surges and keeps them in good shape.
4. Maxboost 2-Smart Port Car Charger
The Maxboost 2-Smart Port Car Charger has a double-injected frame, with a polycarbonate inner layer that provides durability and a thermoplastic polyurethane external molding that offers a soft grip. Its body is light and compact that makes it highly portable, and it’s built with the Maxboost Intelligent circuit design that provides protection against over-charging, over-heating, and short-circuiting. As an added bonus, it comes with an internal LED light that allows you to easily charge your devices even in the dark.
3. Motorola SPN5667A
Are you a Motorola fan? If you are, you’ll want to get your hands on the Motorola SPN5667A. This micro USB rapid rate charger comes with a cigarette lighter adapter, so you can just plug it into your car’s dash and you’re good to go. It also comes with a built-in cord (so there’s no need to lug around a separate cord that can easily get lost) as well as a micro USB connector that works with many mobile devices. Its sleek design will complement your smartphone’s modern look, while its speedy performance fully charges your device in two to three hours.
2. Omaker 3-Port Car Charger
What happens if your smartphone, tablet, and power bank all get empty batteries at the same time? Well, if you own the Omaker 3-Port Car Charger, you can simultaneously charge all three devices in your car. You don’t have to worry since the charger is built with technology that automatically identifies the device that’s attached to it and provides the highest possible amount of energy that the device can accept. The charger also comes with a softly lit internal LED that indicates the connection status without being too distracting.
1. Anker PowerDrive 2 – Best of Car Phone Chargers in 2017
Anker is known to be one of the leaders in battery charging technology, so it’s no surprise that its PowerDrive 2 is in the Number 1 spot. Built with PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies, this charger can provide the fastest possible charge and get your gadgets up and run within the shortest possible time. It comes with two USB ports (so charging two devices at a time won’t be a problem), and it has a sleek and slim body that definitely won’t interfere with your driving.
Car chargers are a must-have in today’s modern times. By doing your research, you can find the right car charger that’s compatible with your devices and give you excellent value for money.