Honey extractors are important mechanical devices. They are the first device that we turn to when we need to extract some honey from the honeycombs. It is the only device that can do the process without getting the honeycomb ruined, which make the device a very important one.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Best Honey Extractors in 2017
- 1. OrangeA 4 Frame Stainless Steel Manual Honey Extractor
- 2. Honey Keeper Pro Two-Frame Extractor
- 3. Goplus Large Two-Frame Extractor
- 4. VIVO New Large SS Model Three-Frame Extractor
- 5. XtremepowerUS 2-Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- 6. Hardin Professional 3-Frame Manual Honey Extractor
- 7. VIVO New Large 2-Frame Honey Extractor
- 8. VIVO 4-8 Frame Honey Extractor
- 9. Goodland Bee Supply 2-Drame Honey Extractor
- 10. Mann Lake HH160 Stainless Steel 6/3-Frame Hand Crank Extractor
Top 10 Best Best Honey Extractors in 2017
If you are looking for a honey extractor, here is the ten best Honey Extractors in 2017 and will deliver an exceptional honey extracting process.
1. OrangeA 4 Frame Stainless Steel Manual Honey Extractor
OrangeA 4 Frame Stainless Steel Manual Honey Extractor is one of the most superior extractor of today. It has 2 top lids of clear Plexiglas, which is designed to keep the debris out during the process of draining the honey. It is made of Stainless steel that is food graded making it a perfect extractor for small Apiarist or the hobbyist.
The crank handle and the legs are in need of assembling, but it is not that of a difficult thing to do. The extractor offers ease of use. It also has a variable speed motor control that customers cannot help but appreciate.
- Durable and a well-built extractor
- Ease of use
- Honeycomb basket is rounded to avoid honeycombs breakage.
- Use of high precision bearing that speeds up the rotation and provides long lasting service life.
- Cheaply made
2. Honey Keeper Pro Two-Frame Extractor
Constructed from heavy-gauge and rust-proof stainless steel, the honey extractor stands out from the rest simply because it features a simple assembly and the ease of use every customer is looking for. Like with the superior extractors, it can handle two standard frames be it shallow, deep or medium. It comes with stainless steel legs that customers can bolt in the floor and raise its barrel. Its lid is made of clear plastic where the customers can view the process. It is also for seal bearings and for the steel gears that makes spinning almost an effortless process.
- Ideal for beekeeper with up to 10 hives
- Easy to use
- Simple assembly
- Almost effortless spinning
- Shakes even with a little unbalance
3. Goplus Large Two-Frame Extractor
For the beekeepers who do it only for a hobby, you can now save more time, energy and money through using the extractor. It is made of stainless steel with a smooth finish. It can handle deep, medium and shallow frames perfectly. It is also built with clear lids that keep the debris out as it drains the honey.
- Ease of operation
- Low cost
- Easy cleaning
- The various nuts in the turning mechanism must be tightened before any operation starts
- Difficulty with gate installation
- Frames go to cage easily
4. VIVO New Large SS Model Three-Frame Extractor
Made out of 304 stainless sheets of steel, this extractor has a solid body. Its top lid is double sided and made of clear plastic to make it easier to view the process. It has solid metal turn crank that comes with a smooth plastic handle. The spin is quiet and smooth. Although the product does not come with an assembly manual, the assembly of it is quite simple and easy. Additionally, the extractor is cleaned and maintained easily. It can fit three small, medium or large sizes of your frame all at once.
- Easy assemble and disassemble
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Has efficient drainage for honey
- Has smooth and quiet spin
- Wobbly and wimpy legs
- Does not come with assembly manual
5. XtremepowerUS 2-Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
If you are looking for a honey extractor that is cheap in the price yet work effectively, the honey extractors from XtremepowerUS is perfect for you. It has a superb level of convenience with using it as the handle, gear and the crank are located outside the chamber and near its top. It is also easy to assemble and disassemble along with the easy cleaning feature. It comes with an anti-rusted structure, which makes it durable. It can fit shallow, deep and medium frames without any hassle.
- Convenience with the use
- Low cost
- Sturdy and well-made
- Simple assembly
- Ease of cleaning
- Difficulty with installing the bottom valve
6. Hardin Professional 3-Frame Manual Honey Extractor
If you are looking for honey extractors for 1 to 10 hives, this would be an excellent choice. The extractor features sealed bearings, steel gears and a boast of 16 gauge stainless steel tank. Many professionals are using because of its durability and built. It comes with a clear Plexiglass found on top to view the honey extracting more easily. It also comes with three deep shallow and medium frames that can be fit to it all at once. It also comes with a 3-leg stand designed to make it easier and hassle free for the users to offload the honey. Although some customers complain that the product has unmatched screws and the short support leg, it is still a great extractor.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Steal gear construction
- Easy cleaning
- Unmatched holes and screws
- Short supporting leg
7. VIVO New Large 2-Frame Honey Extractor
This honey extractor is crafted out of stainless steel and comes with a clear Plexiglass for easy viewing if the honey was extracting. It is designed with two handles on both sides to make carrying it easy. Honey extracting process within this extractor is straightforward if you know what you are doing. Despite a large size, the honey extractor comes with an impressive price tag. The metals gears are also properly enclosed to ensure that the honey will be kept away from it. Deep, shallow and medium frames fit in it perfectly.
- Ease of carrying
- Great Price
- Do not last long
- Drain leaks
8. VIVO 4-8 Frame Honey Extractor
With this extractor, you can save both your time and energy with the task at hand. That is because of its capability to hold 4 to 8 frames all at once. It is made of stainless steel and comes with a polished finish. It can perfectly fit shallow, deep ad medium frames. It also has two clear lids on the top side to ensure that debris is kept out during the extracting process. The extractor is being offered at a decent price although many customers believe that it can still be improved.
- Save time and energy
- Too much shaking
- Unclear instructions
9. Goodland Bee Supply 2-Drame Honey Extractor
This extractor is a 16-gauge tank made of stainless steel. It comes with steal gears and sealed bearings. This is one among the most durable honey extractors that can fit two shallow, deep or medium frames at once. It also comes with a 3-piece leg stand, which makes offloading of honey easier and free of hassles. The kit includes fame grip, uncapping knife, smoker, uncapping roller and frame spacer.
- Steal gear construction
- Hassle-free honey offloading
10. Mann Lake HH160 Stainless Steel 6/3-Frame Hand Crank Extractor
Made of 26 gauge stainless steel material, this extractor is a durable one. It can hold six shallow and three deep or medium frames as it is a tangential extractor. Cleaning it is so easy. To perform extraction on both sides, the user would have to remove and flip the frames first.
- Made of 26 gauge stainless steel material
- Easy clean-up
- Need of flipping and removing the frames for extraction performance.
Purchasing any item is not easy. Thus, it is essential that you do not just buy products. Whether getting honey from the honeycomb is a hobby or a real job, it is best that you invest wisely with your extractors instead of taking risks. Your money, effort and time will be saved if you have the best device with you.