Portable Blu-ray players are the next step up from a DVD player and are becoming more affordable than ever. If you and your family go on road trips, this may be the perfect device to keep the family happy. Check out our top 5 list of Blu-ray players that you can consider for your next long road trip.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Portable Blu-Ray Players in 2017:
- EXTRA BUYING GUIDE: Factors To Consider When Choosing Portable Blu-Ray Players
List of Best Portable Blu-Ray Players in 2017:
#5 Philips PB9011/37 9-Inch 1080 Portable Blu-Ray/DVD Player
The 9”, 800×480 pixel Philips PB9011/37 Blu-Ray/DVD Player is a fantastic option that enables playback on dual screens with full HD 1080p display. You are even empowered with the opportunity to watch all your Blu-ray movies in full HD quality on any TV thanks to the HDMI output. This Blu-ray player also offers a multitude of interactive possibilities because of its raised storage capacity. The built-in stereo speakers deliver a crisp sound even when you are on the road, or on a plane. Since this player holds a USB 2.0 port, you can quickly plug in your USB device, select what form of digital entertainment you want to view, and bring it up on the player without worry about writing files to the disc.
#4 Sony 10.1V Terrestrial Digital Tuner Built-In Portable Blu-Ray Disc Player
The Sony BDP-Z1 is a portable Blu-ray player that’s compatible with every SD and HD formats. It even has a built-in tuner that has the capacity to receive broadcast television signals. It features an antenna that, when working properly, can receive digital signals from networks in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. This Sony Blu-ray disc player comes equipped with an AC charging cable so you can charge before your long trip, and a car charging cable so you can power the machine while on the go. The lithium battery has a life of up to 5 hours with a full charge. This is a great option for road trips because the Blu-ray player can use direct AC power from a car charger to power the screen.
#3 Sony BDP-SX1000
The Sony BDP-SX1000 offers a 10.1” widescreen that delivers crisp video for all your Blu-ray discs. You’ll be able to choose your optimum viewing preference by flipping the screen to act as a tablet or turning the machine on a 180-degree swivel. The Sony BDP-SX1000’s battery will play your favorite Blu-ray discs for up to 5 hours, but the machine comes with a car adaptor so you can continue viewing even on long road trips. It also has an USB port for all your personal, digital entertainment viewing needs.
#2 Sony BDP-SX910
The Sony BDP-SX910 player has a 9”, high-resolution, widescreen, LCD monitor that offers full HD 1080p quality across all Blu-ray movies. The swivel feature on this player allows you to turn the screen 180-degrees. The rechargeable battery can give the player life for up to 4.5 hours before needing a proper charge. The HDMI output that’s built-in can give you immediate access to mirroring what you’re watching on the Sony BDP-SX910 to your standard TV. With easy access to a USB input, you are empowered with viewing options of your favorite digital entertainment. For long road trips, the Sony BDP-SX910 also comes packed with a car adaptor so you never have to stop playing movies.
#1 Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 – Best of Portable Blu-Ray Players in 2017
The Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Blu-ray player comes equipped with a high definition 10.1” swivel screen and is also compatible with DVDs. The 3-in-1 card reader allows the viewer to play photos, video, or audio files, or allows them to connect a USB drive for additional entertainment. Don’t forget about the HDMI output. This is going to enable you with the power to easily connect this machine to your personal TV entertainment system. The rechargeable battery gives 4.5 hours of life to this Blu-ray player. When you purchase this player, you will also receive a car adaptor, a remote control, an AC adapter, an AV cable, and a carrying bag.
EXTRA BUYING GUIDE: Factors To Consider When Choosing Portable Blu-Ray Players
For a long-lasting and durable, portable Blu-Ray player, you should take note of these features as provided by a trusted research before purchasing the product.
- 3-Dimensional Capability: Portable Blu-Ray players are compatible with regular Blu-Ray CDs and DVDs. Apart from that, there are a lot of portable Blu-Ray players, which come with three-dimensional specifications, available in the market. With this feature, you will be able to watch 3D images using 3D discs, a pair of 3D glasses, and a 3D television.
- 4K Upscaling: Having this feature, a portable Blu-Ray player can convert a regular 1080p resolution and 1080i HD content to a much higher resolution, which is 4K or 3840 x 2160 TV resolution, only if you are going to use an Ultra High-definition TV.
- Wi-Fi-capable: With this, you can easily connect to a modem or router that provides the internet. And when you have the internet, you can browse and stream videos online using the portable player.
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA): Blu-Ray players can access and view media files such as photos, music, and movies that are saved in computers, smartphones, and tablets as long as they are all connected to the same internet or home network.
- Sound-Surround Capability: To acquire this feature, you must have a Dolby Digital receiver with, at least, six speakers that include a subwoofer. Moreover, most Blu-Ray players support Digital Theater System (DTS) and a few other multichannel formats such as DTS High-Resolution Audio and Dolby Digital Plus. They also have additional features like the multilingual support that allows you to select the language of the movie’s dialogue or subtitles, parental control that lets you rate the movies to prevent your children from watching undesirable content, and audio-range controls that keep sound effects from producing too loud noises.
- Navigation and Picture Controls: Most portable Blu-Ray players have navigation systems that allow you to access the menus without leaving or pausing the movie. They also come with picture controls that you can use to select the aspect-ratios – whether the 4:3 viewing format or the 16:9 ratio widescreen.
- A/V and USB Connections, Memory Card Slots: All models of Blu-Ray players come with HDMI outputs, which you can use to simplify the connections between the player and the television or audio/video receiver. They also have USB connections and memory card slots to view movies that are saved in memory cards and USBs.
- Disc Capacity and Formats: Currently, most players can only accommodate one Blu-Ray disc at a time. However, the innovations keep on coming that some high-end brands, like Sony, have started to release models with a multi-disc feature. When it comes to formats, all portable Blu-Ray players are capable of playing standard DVDs and Blu-Ray discs as well as different formats such as JPEG, MP3, and WMA.
- BD-Live and BonusView: The latest models have a new specification called the BD-Live, which you can use to access additional Blu-Ray-related features like games and movie trailers via the internet. Some models, however, need to extra memory (USB or memory card) to enable the BD-Live feature. The BonusView, on the other hand, is the same with BD-Live, but without the internet.