Are you looking for the best Portable Blu-Ray Players & DVD Players ? If you are, then this article is going to present the top 10 best players in 2017. We have narrowed down the choices for your convenience. But before you get to know them, it is an advantage to know the primary factors in selecting the ideal portable player that fits your lifestyle.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Portable Blu-Ray Players & DVD Players In 2017
- 10. NAXA Electronics NPD-702 Portable DVD Player
- 9. Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Maxmade
- 8. Philips PB9011/37
- 7. Sony BDP-SX1000 Portable DVD Player
- 6. Ematic EPD105
- 5. Audiovox DS2058
- 4. Pyle PDH14
- 3. Samsung BD-C8000
- 2. Sony BDPSX910 – Best Sony Portable Player in 2017
- 1. Sylvania SDVD1048 – Best Portable Blue Ray Player in 2017
- EXTRA BUYING GUIDE: Factors To Consider When Choosing Portable Blu-Ray & DVD Players
Top 10 Best Portable Blu-Ray Players & DVD Players In 2017
Here is the list of the top 10 best portable Blu-Ray & DVD Players in 2017. Each model presents its features and specifications as well as its benefits and drawbacks coming from verified buyers.
10. NAXA Electronics NPD-702 Portable DVD Player
To start the list, let’s have the NAXA Electronics NPD-702 on the tenth spot. This one is the portable DVD player that boasts of having a 7-inch (Thin-Film Transistor) TFT LCD swivel screen, turning up to 180 degrees. A top-loading DVD player, this model has built-in speakers, USB input as well as built-in SD card slots up to 32GB. It has a widescreen 16:9 viewing format, which lets you view the movies on a wider screen.
Weighing 2. 9 pounds, the NAXA Electronics NPD-702 comes with audio/video jack, earphone jack, 3-way power. It is powered by a built-in rechargeable Lithium battery, allowing you to the DVD player for a couple of hours. Here are the positive and negative views from verified buyers.
9. Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Maxmade
In the ninth spot is the Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Maxmade, which is one of the best portable Blu-Ray & DVD Players ever made. Having a 10. 1-inch swivel digital widescreen with a 1080p high resolution, this item takes pride of its capabilities to access the internet and the interactive BD-Live feature, which you can use to stream videos online. It accommodates DVDs, Blu-Ray discs and supports other disk formats like CD, CD-R/RW, DVD -Video, DVD+R/RW, and VCD.
Weighing 4. 7 pounds, the Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Maxmade features a built-in 2-in-1 SD/MMC card reader, USB2. 0 port, and a 10/100Mbps LAN socket that you can use to connect the player to a home network for internet connection. Furthermore, it comes with a built-in battery that can last up to 4. 5 hours.
8. Philips PB9011/37
Taking the eighth place is the Philips PB9011/37, whose rank is justified because of its two 9-inch TFT LCD widescreens with a resolution of 800×480 pixels. Displaying clear, rich and sharp images, this 4. 8-pound portable Blu-Ray player lets you enjoy watching movies and viewing photos while you are on a road trip. And aside from Blu-Ray discs, it plays CDs, DVDs, and VCDs.
If your movies are on Blu-Ray discs, then you can watch them in full HD with a resolution of 1080p. It even has built-in stereo speakers that provide good quality sounds, making it a perfect gadget if you feel like listening to music or if you want to hear immersive sound effects as you watch movies.
The Philips PB9011/37 comes with a remote control, a car adaptor and mounting accessories that you can use to install and mount the device in your vehicle. And since it has two screens, you can mount them in two places so that your passengers will have a fair-share of a superb viewing experience. And if you don’t want to use the disc player, then you have the option to use the high-speed USB2. 0 port where you can insert a USB flash drive stored with a lot of movies and music.
7. Sony BDP-SX1000 Portable DVD Player
The Sony BDP-SX1000 DVD Player allows you to enjoy crisp and sharp images and videos with high resolution. This Blue-ray portable disc player features 10. 1 inches and 180-degree swivel and flip screen for easier viewing from any given angle. This product also comes with a five-hour rechargeable battery and includes car adaptor making this DVD player always ready regardless of how long the trip will be.
This one is the perfect device for individuals who wish to take their DVD collections with them during their trip. The device is very portable making this a top choice among buyers, particularly those who are fond of traveling. Though these are not as expensive as laptops, this DVD player can manage to give you the best and most satisfying movie viewing experience. Since this is easy to use, you can quickly and confidently give it to your kids and not be bothered while you are on the road.
6. Ematic EPD105
Is purple your favorite color? If it is, then you may want to own the purple Ematic EPD105 Portable DVD Player with a 7-inch, 480×234 LCD screen display that swivels and tilts up to 180 degrees for multiple viewing angles. You can enjoy a cinematic audio experience using its matching headphones. And as you travel, you are assured that the gadget is protected since it also has its matching bag where you can keep the 1. 5-pound DVD player.
More than just its matching accessories, the Ematic EPD105 has a built-in rechargeable battery, a built-in stereo speaker. In addition, its screen display shows multiple languages.
5. Audiovox DS2058
Joining the list is the Audiovox DS2058, which is in the fifth spot. As part of the list of the best portable Blu-Ray & DVD Players, this portable DVD player boasts a 7-inch swivel screen that can rotate up to 270 degrees, allowing you to view the screen at any position. It is also light, which weighs 2. 75 pounds. It has a 16:9 viewing aspect ratio that provides you with a full viewing experience. And thanks to its built-in rechargeable battery, you get to enjoy watching movies for two hours of playback time. Here are the benefits and drawbacks from verified customers.
4. Pyle PDH14
Getting the fourth place is the Pyle PDH14, a portable DVD player having a 14-inch TFT LCD screen that has a high resolution of 1366×768 pixels, providing you with clear and sharp images. Moreover, its screen is a swivel-type so that you can watch the movies in any convenient angle or position. With a 3. 5-millimeter auxiliary-in jack, you can connect your smartphone, iPod, and MP3 player to this DVD player. It also supports USB flash drives and SD cards where you usually move your favorite movies from your computer or laptop. From MP3 to CD, DVD, and VCD. The 6. 36-pound Pyle PDH14 supports any media file and format, so you can enjoy watching your favorite movies or listening to music, anytime, anywhere.
3. Samsung BD-C8000
Now, Samsung BD-C8000 will never get to the third spot if it did not have anything special. Apparently, this portable Blu-Ray player comes with the following key features:
- 10. 3-inch screen display
- Wi-Fi Enable
- Built-in Wireless LAN
- Built-in Memory – 1GB
- Internet@TV – allows you to connect to the internet and access different online content; lets you download applications and widgets like BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Netflix, Twitter and YouTube to the portable player
- AllShare – You can use this feature to sync up your digital gadgets, allowing you to access media files from your computer, camera or phone using the 6-pound Samsung BD-C8000 Blu-Ray player.
- BD-Live and BonusWise
- 3D Depth Sound – plays and support 3D content and videos
- Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital
- HD Up-Scale – converts content with lower resolution into HD level
- USB Port
2. Sony BDPSX910 – Best Sony Portable Player in 2017
Yes, the brand name itself speaks the device’s high reputation and standards, but the main reasons why Sony BDPSX910 has bagged the second spot on the list of the best Blu-Ray & DVD Players lie on its features and technical details.
Boasting a 9-inch (measured diagonally) widescreen LCD monitor with a high resolution of FHD 1080p quality, the Sony BDPSX910 lets you enjoy stunning movies wherever you may be. It features a screen that you can flip and swivel up to 180 degrees. It has a rechargeable battery that can last up to 4. 5 hours – good enough for you to watch two full-length movies after one complete charging.
Sony BDPSX910 is a portable Blu-Ray player, but with the upscale feature, you can watch DVDs on higher resolution. It has a USB port, which you can use to movies saved in USB flash drives. To make this more appealing to you, here are other features that you may consider in choosing this portable device.
1. Sylvania SDVD1048 – Best Portable Blue Ray Player in 2017
Have you heard of this one? Whether this unit is familiar to you or not, the Sylvania SDVD1048 exudes more features than the rest of the models in this list, making it to the first spot of the best Blu-Ray & DVD Players for this year. One of the reasons why Sylvania SDVD1048 is number one is that fact that you can choose between a single-screen style or a dual-screen model. Measuring 10 inches, the screen features a full swivel, allowing you to turn it 360 degrees. Although it is not lightest in the group, it weighs 3. 6 pounds, which is good enough to carry around every day.
More than just its technical details, the Sylvania SDVD1048 is more than what meets the eye. Boasting an aspect ratio of 16:9, this unit displays the movies on a widescreen and is compatible with any disc format. It is built with dual internal speakers and stereo audio output where you can insert the earphones and 3. 5-millimeter headphones. This comes with an earphone splitter to let two persons listen to the movie’s sounds.
Do you want more? Here is more. It has an A/V output that you can use to connect the DVD player to a larger television. It does not only accommodate CDs and DVDs. With its built-in SD card reader and USB port, you have the option to access your media files that are saved on SD cards, and USB flash drives conveniently on the player. You will be delighted to know that this gadget has an FIVE-HOUR BATTERY LIFE – you can watch some movies until the battery is empty.
Finally, to make Sylvania SDVD1048 a complete package, you have the following accessories that you can use in certain situations:
EXTRA BUYING GUIDE: Factors To Consider When Choosing Portable Blu-Ray & DVD Players
If you have plans on buying a portable Blu-Ray player or DVD player, then you should know that they cost higher than the standard players, especially the former that may have an initial price of $100. Aside from the costs, you should also consider some factors so that you get the best of what you have paid for.
1. Portable Blu-Ray Players
For a long-lasting and durable, portable Blu-Ray player, you should take note of these features as provided by a trusted research before purchasing the product.
- 3-Dimensional Capability: Portable Blu-Ray players are compatible with regular Blu-Ray CDs and DVDs. Apart from that, there are a lot of portable Blu-Ray players, which come with three-dimensional specifications, available in the market. With this feature, you will be able to watch 3D images using 3D discs, a pair of 3D glasses, and a 3D television.
- 4K Upscaling: Having this feature, a portable Blu-Ray player can convert a regular 1080p resolution and 1080i HD content to a much higher resolution, which is 4K or 3840 x 2160 TV resolution, only if you are going to use an Ultra High-definition TV.
- Wi-Fi-capable: With this, you can easily connect to a modem or router that provides the internet. And when you have the internet, you can browse and stream videos online using the portable player.
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA): Blu-Ray players can access and view media files such as photos, music, and movies that are saved in computers, smartphones, and tablets as long as they are all connected to the same internet or home network.
- Sound-Surround Capability: To acquire this feature, you must have a Dolby Digital receiver with, at least, six speakers that include a subwoofer. Moreover, most Blu-Ray players support Digital Theater System (DTS) and a few other multichannel formats such as DTS High-Resolution Audio and Dolby Digital Plus. They also have additional features like the multilingual support that allows you to select the language of the movie’s dialogue or subtitles, parental control that lets you rate the movies to prevent your children from watching undesirable content, and audio-range controls that keep sound effects from producing too loud noises.
- Navigation and Picture Controls: Most portable Blu-Ray players have navigation systems that allow you to access the menus without leaving or pausing the movie. They also come with picture controls that you can use to select the aspect-ratios – whether the 4:3 viewing format or the 16:9 ratio widescreen.
- A/V and USB Connections, Memory Card Slots: All models of Blu-Ray players come with HDMI outputs, which you can use to simplify the connections between the player and the television or audio/video receiver. They also have USB connections and memory card slots to view movies that are saved in memory cards and USBs.
- Disc Capacity and Formats: Currently, most players can only accommodate one Blu-Ray disc at a time. However, the innovations keep on coming that some high-end brands, like Sony, have started to release models with a multi-disc feature. When it comes to formats, all portable Blu-Ray players are capable of playing standard DVDs and Blu-Ray discs as well as different formats such as JPEG, MP3, and WMA.
- BD-Live and BonusView: The latest models have a new specification called the BD-Live, which you can use to access additional Blu-Ray-related features like games and movie trailers via the internet. Some models, however, need to extra memory (USB or memory card) to enable the BD-Live feature. The BonusView, on the other hand, is the same with BD-Live, but without the internet.
2. Portable DVD Players
According to the many types of research of Users’ need, here are the features you need to look for in a portable DVD player.
- Anti-Skip: This feature prevents the DVD player from freezing or skipping other scenes when it encounters bumps and vibrations.
- Slots for Headphones: Each portable DVD player has one slot for headphones.
- A/V Connections and HDMI Ports: If you want to connect the player to television, then you can use the A/V connector that carries the audio and video going to the TV, simplifying the connections. Meanwhile, the HDMI ports allow you to connect the player to a high-definition TV.
- Battery Life: To let you enjoy more movies while you are traveling, your portable DVD player should longer battery life.
- Format-Compatibility: Aside from DVDs, these players can also accommodate CDs and other media formats such as JPEG, MP3, and WMA files.
- Swivel Screen: With this feature, you can adjust the screen to whatever angle is convenient for you. However, this only works on flip-up DVD players.
- Blu-Ray Compatibility: DVD players can not play Blu-Ray discs. But if you have found a model with a Blu-Ray compatibility, then expect that you will pay higher than the usual cost of DVD players.