Getting a massage is a special experience, but it becomes even more special when massage oils are used. These products reduce the friction between the message receiver’s skin and the masseuse’s hands, which makes it easier for the latter to reach tissues and muscles and give a relaxing and calming massage. Many oils also have an excellent scent, which adds to the massage experience, promotes relaxation, and helps lift away stress.
But, with the wide range of massage oils in the market, which one should you choose? This can be difficult at first glance, but you can make it easier by keeping these factors in mind:
- Texture — The best massage oils are those that glide smoothly over your skin and give you a luxurious feeling. Avoid those that are sticky and too heavy.
- Absorbency — Find oils that have just the right absorption rate. They should not be too easily absorbed by your skin; otherwise, you’ll find yourself continually topping up your oil and emptying your bottle quickly.
- Greasiness — You don’t want to get dunked in grease when you get or receive a massage. So, look for an oil that’s light and non-greasy and won’t leave a stain on your sheets.
- Scent — Massage oils are available in different scents, so it’s up to you to pick one that suits your taste. Lavender ones are popular because they promote calmness and relaxation, although you can also get unscented oils if you have a sensitive nose.
- Ingredients — As much as possible, look for massage oils that contain natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals. This way, you don’t have to worry about exposing your skin to dangerous substances while getting a massage.
Table of Contents
- 10. Nooky Massage Oil
- 9. Biotone Revitalizing Massage Oil (Unscented)
- 8. EO Body Oil French Lavender
- 7. Kama Sutra Massage Oils (Set of Five)
- 6. NOW Foods Arnica Warming Relief
- 5. Honeydew Sensual Massage Oil with Pure Lavender Oil
- 4. Lulu Sensual Massage Oil
- 3. Plantlife Aromatherapy Massage Oil (3 Pack)
- 2. Weleda Arnica Massage Oil
- 1. Desire Sensual Massage Oil
10. Nooky Massage Oil
Do you use massage as a way to keep the romantic fire light between you and your partner? If you do, you’ll want to use Nooky Massage Oil. It’s lightly infused with geranium leaf, which gives a light but exhilarating scent that offers sensual stimulation for you and your sweetheart. It’s made from natural and organic ingredients and doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, making it great for sensitive skin. The oil gets easily absorbed, which means it keeps your skin soft and moisturized without leaving a greasy residue.
9. Biotone Revitalizing Massage Oil (Unscented)
Biotone Revitalizing Massage Oil contains a special blend of nut oils, which allows it to penetrate deeply and gives it an excellent texture that feels luxurious when applied to the skin. This penetrability and superior texture make the oil ideal for all types of massage techniques, including deep tissue massage and sports massage. It’s free from parabens (which means you don’t have to worry about harming your skin and health) and, since it’s unscented, you can use it even if you’re highly sensitive to strong smells.
8. EO Body Oil French Lavender
If you’re looking for a versatile massage oil, you won’t go wrong with choosing EO Body Oil French Lavender. It contains a blend of cold-pressed oils that penetrate the skin deeply and contains Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and antioxidants. Because of this, it’s not just applicable for messages since you can also apply it after taking a bath or spending a day under the sun to moisturize your skin and keep it soft and smooth.
7. Kama Sutra Massage Oils (Set of Five)
If you want to try different massage oils at the same time, get this set from Kama Sutra. It contains five two-ounce bottles with scents of Soaring Spirits, Pleasure Garden, Serenity, Healing Blend, and Sweet Almond. The oils are made of emollients, which softens the skin, as well as natural essential oils that add beautiful fragrances and help you relax. The five bottles come in a zippered carrying case, so you can easily bring them with you when you go on a weekend getaway or a summer vacation.
6. NOW Foods Arnica Warming Relief
What sets this massage oil apart from others is its therapeutic warming effect, which soothes sore, tired, and overworked muscles and helps you relax. The oil contains arnica (a type of herb that can help with aches and pains) as well as olive oil, which has a wide range of antioxidants and can help keep your skin soft. Use this oil to relax at the end of a long day at work or after exercising or playing sports. You can also apply it after taking a bath to keep your skin smooth and supple.
5. Honeydew Sensual Massage Oil with Pure Lavender Oil
Try this massage oil if you’re an avid fan of lavender. It’s made of pure lavender, which means you can enjoy its relaxing scent while receiving or giving a massage. It contains almond and jojoba oil that are perfectly blended to create just the right absorption rate, which means it helps hands glide on the skin without leaving a greasy buildup. The ingredients are 100 percent natural and don’t contain any silicone, parabens, and preservatives, which means you can use the oil without exposing your body to harmful chemicals.
4. Lulu Sensual Massage Oil
Some massage oils are purely utilitarian, while others are made for more sensual activities. The Lulu Sensual Massage Oil is one of the latter. Infused with geranium leaf, it has a light, pleasant smell that excites your senses and paves the way to more erotic moments. As an added bonus, the oil leaves your skin soft and smooth, which excites your senses and makes intimate times even more special. There’s no need to worry about grease, though, since it doesn’t leave an oily residue and won’t stain your sheets.
3. Plantlife Aromatherapy Massage Oil (3 Pack)
Want to try Plantlife Aromatherapy Massage Oils but don’t know which scent to pick? Get this three-bottle set and enjoy its Lavender, Relax, and Sore Muscle variants. Each bottle contains a base of grapeseed oil and sweet almond oil (which are non-greasy and are easily absorbed by your skin) as well as Vitamin E, olive oil, and calendula and chamomile extracts. The oils are great to use in messages, but you can also use them to seal in moisture in your skin after bathing.
2. Weleda Arnica Massage Oil
Soothe tired and knotted muscles with Weleda Arnica Massage Oil. Made of organic arnica herbs from Romania, this oil has a warming effect and can help relieve the muscle aches that you’ll get after exercising or working at the office for hours. It also contains a blend of lavender and rosemary essential oils, which release a relaxing fragrance, as well as olive oil and sunflower seed oils that hydrate your skin.
1. Desire Sensual Massage Oil
With Desire Sensual Massage Oil, there’s no need to choose between getting a relaxing massage and having a sensual moment with your partner since you can since you can enjoy both at the same time! The oil’s light vanilla fragrance spices up your senses and sets the mood for a romantic experience. Its sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, and jojoba oil, meanwhile, are perfectly blended to create a light texture that reduces skin friction and allows you and your partner to easily glide your hands and bodies over each other. The oil doesn’t get absorbed too quickly, making it great for various types of massages including deep tissue massage.
Read more about: Desire Sensual Massage Oil Review
These are some of the best massage oils nowadays. Browse through them and choose one that will meet your massage needs and give you great value