You shouldn’t take toilet safety frames and rails for granted. Especially for people with limited mobility due to their medical condition, you need to be sure that the products are safe and durable enough. While the general purpose is the same, a lot of toilet frames and rails are available in various designs. So how should you choose the best one? We listed here the top 10 best products that you should look into.
But before that, understand how to determine the best toilet safety frames by looking into these features:
- Durability: Obviously, you need to be sure that it doesn’t break or fall off when someone is holding on the product tightly. It’s a safety product after all.
- Weight capacity: When selecting a frame or rail, you need to take note of the weight of the user to avoid accidents.
- Lightweight: Some frames are removable from the toilet and thus they shouldn’t be heavy enough to ensure convenient transport and storage.
- Easy assembly: You don’t want to call a technician just to have your safety toilet frames set up, right?
- Adjustable height and width: This is probably the best feature considering that it makes the product convenient for everyone, regardless of size.
Table of Contents
- 10. Graham Field Adjustable Height Versaframe Toilet Safety Rails, 1/cs, GHF6460A
- 9. Invacare Toilet Safety Frame
- 8. Drive Medical Toilet Safety Frame, White
- 7. Deluxe Toilet Safety Frame
- 6. MedMobile Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail
- 5. DMI Toilet Safety Rails Arms Support, White
- 4. Moen DN7015 Home Care Toilet Safety Rails, Glacier
- 3. Guardian – Sunrise Medical Toilet Safety Frame (GU30300)
- 2. Medline Toilet Safety Rails
- 1. Drive Medical Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail – Best of toilet Safety Frames & Rails in 2017
10. Graham Field Adjustable Height Versaframe Toilet Safety Rails, 1/cs, GHF6460A
The Graham Field toilet safety frame is a product of Lumex. It is made of aluminum which makes it lightweight and sturdy at the same time. The Lumex versaframe is easy and quick to install and also is suitable for almost all toilets. The product is also suitable for everyone considering that it has adjustable arm height and width. Specifically, the height adjusts from 28 to 32 inches while the width can go from 18 to 21 inches. A feature that provides extra comfort and is a great gripping surface are the contoured waterfall armrests that are on both sides of the rail.
9. Invacare Toilet Safety Frame
The Invacare Toilet Safety Frame is a rail that is made of anodized, noncorrosive aluminum. It can carry someone as heavy as 250 pounds. Its arms can easily be installed and uninstalled, thanks to the tool-less assembly feature of the frame. The great thing about this Invacare product is that it can be folded back for cleaning. The rail is suitable for people of all heights since it offers a chance of arm height and width adjusting. Specifically, the height can vary from 25.75 to 30 inches and the width from 17.5 to 20.5 inches. It also has comfortable armrests on both sides for secure hand support.
8. Drive Medical Toilet Safety Frame, White
The Drive Medical Toilet Safety Frame is a sturdy and light frame with a weight capacity of 300lbs. It has powder coated aluminum brackets that make it very easy to attach the frame to almost every toilet. It is height and width adjustable – the height can be between 28″ and 32″ and the width between arms can be between 19″ and 23.5″. The rail has Waterfall armrests that provide an additional comfort and support to it.
7. Deluxe Toilet Safety Frame
The Deluxe Toilet Safety Frame is a tool-free assembly versaframe with aluminum brackets that are easy to attach. Its arms offer the option of folding back for cleaning and make it easy for transfers. The frame’s maximum weight capacity is 250lbs and offers arm-to-floor height and space-between-arms width adjustments. The height can be adjusted from 25.75″ to 30″ and the width – from 17.5″ to 20.5″. The rail also offers waterfall armrests that make it more comfortable for hand gripping or arm resting.
6. MedMobile Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail
The MedMobile Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail is very easy to set up since it is tool-free assembly and is only using wing nuts. It comes with padded armrests on both sides for greater comfort. It also comes with a magazine rack which can be moved on either side of the frame. The distance between each rail is 28 inches and the U-shape bottom opening is 22.5 inches wide.
5. DMI Toilet Safety Rails Arms Support, White
The DMI Toilet Safety Rail Arms Support is an aluminum frame that is very durable and yet still lightweight. Its weight capacity is 250 pounds and is very easy to install. The arm height is 8 inches from the toilet bowl and 31 inches from the floor. The distance between the arms is adjustable from 15 inches to 18 inches. It has smooth armrests on both sides for extra comfort.
4. Moen DN7015 Home Care Toilet Safety Rails, Glacier
The Moen DN7015 Home Care Toilet Rail is a highly durable rail that was manufactured in the USA. It supports up to 250 pounds of weight and has two 8-inch-high armrests. It is very easy to clean, is in an attractive glacier white color and also has a rust-proof finishing on its surface.
3. Guardian – Sunrise Medical Toilet Safety Frame (GU30300)
The Guardian – Sunrise Medical Toilet Frame is a very sturdy product with cantilevered arm design that maximizes the transfer flexibility and user comfort. It has two waterfall armrests on both sides for extra comfort and a sure grip.
2. Medline Toilet Safety Rails
The Medline Toilet Safety Rail is a rail with a nylon coated steel bracket that attaches it to the toilet and makes it extremely secure. It has a weight capacity of 250 pounds and comes with adjustable handles that you can also rotate to allow more comfort. The armrests on both sides provide a better grip. The rail provides the opportunity to adjust its height from 26 to 31 inches and the width between armrest can range between 8 inches to 24 inches.
1. Drive Medical Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail – Best of toilet Safety Frames & Rails in 2017
The Drive Medical Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail is a rail with a weight capacity of 300 pounds. It comes with two comfortable padded armrests on both sides, allowing the user a better and more secure hand grip. It is suitable for all toilets and is very easy to be installed because of its 100% tool-free assembly feature. The width between the arms is 21 inches and the height of each arm is 25.5 inches. The rail also comes with a very convenient magazine rack on the side in which magazines, newspapers or books can be stored.
When it comes to toilet frames and rails, you can’t just pick any product. You need to ensure that you’re getting one that’s durable to avoid accidents while gripping on it. The comfort can also be a big consideration such as the padded arms and most importantly, the adjustable widths and heights.