Though for all this time your scientific calculator may have served you well; but as you venture deep into higher studies and higher mathematics kicks in, the graphing calculator becomes a necessity. When you were at school, you used to use your brain to plot the graphs with all the provided coordinates. But in higher mathematics, plotting a graph or understanding the nature of the curve becomes too complicated due to the complex calculations. Hence, it is always better to get some help and that help comes from your graphing calculator. If you love mathematics then you will find a best friend in your graphing calculators.
Thinking of buying a graphing calculator? Well, do not decide until you have read our review of the top ten graphing calculators of this year
Table of Contents
- List of Top Best Graphing Calculators in 2017
- 10. Casio fx-9750GII Graphing Calculator
- 9. Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphing Calculator – Purple
- 8. Ti 89 Titanium Programmable Graphing Calculator
- 7. Texas Instruments TI-83 Graphing Calculator
- 6. Casio FX-9860GII SD Power Graphic Calculator
- 5. Casio FX-CG10 PRIZM Color Graphing Calculator (Black)
- 4. HP 50g Graphing Calculator
- 3. Texas Instruments Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
- 2. Casio FX-CP400-L Graphing Calculator
- 1. HP G8X92AA LA Prime v2 Graphing Calculator
List of Top Best Graphing Calculators in 2017
10. Casio fx-9750GII Graphing Calculator
Casio has always been a trustworthy name in the world of scientific and graphing calculators. So, there is no doubt that the Casio fx-9750GII has earned its place on our list. This calculator is known for its accuracy and efficiency. No matter what problem you face, you will always be able to solve it in your calculator.
- Allows the REF/RREF conversion.
- This calculator is highly distinguishable for its chi-squared GOF function.
- Casio fx-9750GII allows new types regression calculations.
- Unit conversion available.
- Random integers can also be taken.
- The OS can make problems in rare cases.
- If you are a first time user then you can have a hard time understanding all its functionalities.
9. Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphing Calculator – Purple
TI-84 Plus is undoubtedly the most recommended graphing calculator in the market. Most of the students choose this calculator over the others because of its easy-to-use and interactive user interface. Moreover, the calculator comes with a myriad of functions which make the calculator more likeable for the students.
- Very easy to use and perfect for new users.
- Comes with a plethora of functions which allow the users to get most out of it.
- Has a high processor speed.
- 24KB RAM and 480KB Flash ROM memory are available.
- Can be connected to a computer using the USB cable that comes with the calculator.
- You can face problems while connecting it with the computer.
- No extra memory is available.
8. Ti 89 Titanium Programmable Graphing Calculator
Manufactured by Texas Instruments, TI 89 is undoubtedly one of the wisest buying options that you have. The calculator is very easy to operate and comes with different functionalities which are highly useful. Plus, it is programmable and comes with sixteen different preloaded software applications.
- It is completely programmable.
- The calculator can be electronically updated. Hence, it allows you to have the best functionalities as well as software applications.
- Comes with sixteen different preloaded software applications.
- Memory can be managed.
- Desktop icon for easy access to folders as well as the applications.
- The functionalities are too complicated. So, if you have no prior experience of using graphing calculators then you may face problems.
7. Texas Instruments TI-83 Graphing Calculator
TI-83 is a classic model from Texas Instruments and is still highly popular among the students. It is one of the easiest graphing calculators available; so you will never have a hard time using it.
- Has a high-contrast display.
- Several functionalities along with advanced statistics as well as finance options are available.
- Completely easy to use. So, you will be able to use it without any prior experience.
- Input as well as output ports available.
- Several graph styles from which you can choose the perfect one.
- If you are looking for a highly advanced graphing calculator then it is not the one for you. It does not have advanced functionalities.
6. Casio FX-9860GII SD Power Graphic Calculator
This particular model is well known for its advanced features and the plethora of functionalities that it offers. The calculator has 61KB RAM and a large backlight display among its best features.
- Integral as well as probability functions can be solved.
- Has a large monochrome backlight display.
- Comes with 61KB RAM and 1.5MB ROM.
- Offers a plethora of highly advanced functionalities.
- It is too complicated for the beginners to use.
5. Casio FX-CG10 PRIZM Color Graphing Calculator (Black)
Casio FX-CG10 is without any doubt a highly advanced graphing calculator that you can choose. It is one of the few in our list having full color LCD display and most advanced functionalities that you can imagine. If you have a knack for solving the most difficult mathematical problems then this is a perfect choice that you can make.
- Is equipped with a 3.7-inch full color LCD display.
- Users can create graphs over real life pictures to have a better understanding of the mathematical problems.
- You will be able to format graphs or charts as per your choice.
- Comes with a fraction key.
- Complex number problems can be solved in this calculator.
- Has a 16MB ROM storage.
- Can be linked with PC
- You may face problem while resetting the calculator.
- Complicated functionalities.
4. HP 50g Graphing Calculator
Though HP is a much more renowned name in the world of computers and accessories but the HP graphing calculators are as efficient as others. HP 50g is an upgrade to the HP 49g+ and it comes with a multitude of new features as well as functionalities.
- Large backlight monochrome display.
- The memory storage can easily be expanded by using micro SD card.
- Has a huge library of mathematical equations and also it comes with 2300+ inbuilt functions which are most helpful for students as well as researchers.
- The data can be entered as a textbook, algebraic as well as in RPN format.
- The keys do not work properly in some cases.
- Poor service from HP.
3. Texas Instruments Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
The Nspire CX CAS graphing calculator from Texas Instruments is a fan favourite in the market. The calculator is liked by everyone alike for its numerous functionalities and ease of use. Moreover, it comes with a full color, backlight display.
- Comes with a backlit color display.
- You can enter notes, steps as well as comments apart from doing calculations.
- Provides you with a deeper understanding of the problem.
- Highly efficient.
- The software crashes after a prolonged use and it is its major problems.
2. Casio FX-CP400-L Graphing Calculator
This is the only touch screen calculator in our list. It has a large display and comes with a number of highly advanced mathematical functions. Casio FX-CP400-L is thus undoubtedly one of the best buying options for everyone.
- Has a touch screen.
- Large LED full color display.
- Differential and integral functions are available.
- Natural textbook entry.
- Easy to operate.
- Statistical problems can be solved in this calculator.
- Touch screen creates problems after a prolonged usage.
- Software crashes can be problematic.
1. HP G8X92AA LA Prime v2 Graphing Calculator
So, we have another HP calculator in our list. It is one of the best graphing calculators that you can buy for yourself. It comes with a color LCD backlit display along with a treasure trove of most extrinsic mathematical functions.
- Easy to operate.
- From engineering to trigonometry to chemistry to statistics; no matter what kind of graph you need to plot, it can easily be plotted with this calculator.
- All kinds of mathematical functions used by students and professionals alike can be used in it.
- With color LCD backlit display
- Complicated for beginners.
- Software crashes after a long time use.
- HP customer service is very poor.
You can find answers to even the complicated solutions with the use of such advanced graphing calculators. Get your hand on the best and obtain accurate results.